This post may contain affiliate links.
This is personally my favorite sandwich I have ever made/had. The flavors are honestly just insane. I have been making this recipe for years, and it just never gets old. It has been a crowd favorite with my family and friends for years.
I made this meal on my best friend’s 21st birthday. It was the first time I ever made it for my friends, and it responded well. I gave my best friend, Allie, the choice, do you want me to make vegetable sandwiches or burgers. That was an easy one for her to decide. The best part of this recipe is that it is so easy to make multiple sandwiches with it. All you have to do is cut up a few more veggies and you are good to go!
There are a lot of different breads that can be used for this recipe and over the years, I have tried just about all of them. I now only make this meal on a nice, fresh ciabatta roll. I prefer to buy the personal sized ciabatta rolls, but I have found many food stores do not carry these and often my own food store runs out. If this happens, simply buy a fresh baked artisan ciabatta roll and cut it into individual sandwich sizes, works and tastes just as good.
Due to the fact it is December 18th and it is a tad cold outside in my small town in Pennsylvania (and raining) I figured this was the perfect time to break out my trusty George Foreman grill. If you saw my post, Ten Perfect Gifts To Get For Someone Who Cooks, you know how much I love my George Foreman grill. This sandwich is the perfect recipe to use this for. It does not require the smokey flavor that a burger would, so the George Foreman grill is perfect. It keeps the crunch of the veggie while giving each piece those gorgeous grill marks.
To give the rolls the perfect toasty flavor and consistency, a convection oven or toaster oven can be utilized. Either will work just as well.
This recipe has a little bit of everything. It has the calm crunch of the vegetables with the strong flavor of the mayo mix and feta cheese. It is truly divine.
This recipe is quick, kid friendly, friend friendly, pretty much every kind of friendly out there!!
Bring this recipe to your kitchen table, I promise you will not be disappointed.
- 4 Ciabatta Rolls
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- Feta cheese (as needed)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Onion
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Yellow Squash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Slice red bell pepper, onion, zucchini and squash.
- Place in a bowl and brush the olive oil on the vegetables.
- Slice Ciabatta roll in two halves.
- Combine mayo, lemon juice, and crushed garlic in a bowl.
- Spread the mayo mixture on the inside of both halves of the roll.
- Sprinkle feta cheese on both halves.
- Place vegetables on grill. (keep in mind, the bell pepper and zucchini take a little longer to cook than the onion and squash, so start cooking those first).
- Place rolls in toaster oven until the rolls are slightly toasted and cheese is slightly melted.
- Remove vegetables from the grill and place on sandwich however you would like!